Thursday, November 15, 2012

Well Duh, Isn't It Obvious?

By now, you've probably got a pretty good feel for what to expect out of my blogs.  I tend to talk a lot about the things that are going on in my life, or about the things that are around me.  You've seen me get excited, you've seen me get a little foul and you've heard me tell it like it is.

Am I right?

Sure, why not.  Let's just agree to disagree and move along, right?

I've been trying to think of something productive to do with my writing...er, my spare writing, that will help get my work noticed.

What's that you ask?  What do I mean by 'spare' writing?

Okay, well let me clear that little twist of terminology up for you real quick then.  It's not like I have a bunch of work laying around just collecting dust or anything.  Well, okay, I take that back.  I do have almost half a dozen short stories that I've been working on, which are finished, but those are spoken for.  No, what I mean by 'spare writing', are the excerpts from other stories or other, smaller bodies of work that don't fit in with what I'm doing at the moment.

They could even be something that's specially tailored for what I have in mind.

So..

What is it that I have in mind?

I was thinking of putting something, much what like I just described, right here in these blogs!

By now you already know that I'm using this (blog) as a medium to hone my writing skills.  In the very least I want to keep in practice between stories.  Yeah, yeah...  You know that already.  And why not?  I've mentioned it at least once in every blog post thus far.

So...  What do you think?  Does this sound like a good idea?

Yeah, me too.

Now, I do still plan on using this blog as I have been up to this point...  There WILL be times when I have something on my mind and I need to vent, so you can expect those to pop up every now again again.

Tell you what...  I'll make it easy on you.  When I'm writing fiction here, I'll do it something like this;


A Tale to Tell
By; R. Richardsson

     Once upon a time, in a blog far, far away.  There was a writer who told it like it was.  Every few days, and sometimes even as far as a week apart, he would make a lengthy post containing various thoughts and ideals.  He never wrote on the blog regularly, as his schedule didn't often allow enough time for him to, but when he did, the posts were written with the same care that he would show his first drafts.
     One day, while promoting his book on Twitter and working on an outline for a short story, he came up with an idea that would get his work recognized by curious readers for free.  He became obsessed with the idea.  It was a good idea, you see, and he knew that if he played his cards right, he would be able to draw attention to his already published work.
     So he finished his outline, he tweeted his last tweet and he went to his blog, where he began to writing a post about his brilliant idea.  Would it pan out?  Would his reader(s) love his idea?  Only time will tell this tale.


So tell me; what do you think?  Obviously, the mock story I just shared with you is a bit short, but I think it was enough to give you a good idea, right?  When inspiration strikes, or if I pull bits out of my already complete work, I thought that I might just share them here as a blog post!

This is, after all, my own little world where I can work on improving my work, so, why not just make it an author blog and call it a day?

Sure, why not indeed.

There you have it then, case closed.  From here on out I'll be peppering this blog with various bits of fiction, fantasy and the horror fiction that I have already worked with in 'The Rise and Fall of John Rizzerio'.  

Will there be foul language?  Sure.  Some of my more graphic work contains foul language.  What about graphic violence?  Yep.  I'm totally going to get into that as well.  This isn't to say that all of my work will contain this more adult oriented material.  I'm currently in the process of expanding my skills as a writer by exploring more diverse ways of telling my tales.  After all, I can't always write for just one audience, right?

(Well, maybe if my foray into horror fiction really takes off I can, but I'm not buttering my bread just yet on that one.)

Why then, didn't I think of this before?  I mean; "Duh!  Isn't it obvious?"  I should have been doing this from the start!

What's that?  One quick question before I go?

Sure thing.  I think I can do that for you.

You want to know what I meant about the stories that are spoken for?  Ah yes, my short stories.  Well now... THOSE are reserved for publishing, which I plan to do real soon.  I have a couple of favorites that I'm going to scrutinize with a critical eye, rework and edit if necessary and then send to a few magazines in hope of getting them published.  The others, (and the latter mentioned, should they not get published where I want them) will go into a collection that I plan to release upon the completion of the 'Ballad of John Rizzerio' trilogy that I'm currently working on, which should be sometime between May and the middle of June of 2013.

That all you needed?  Good deal.

Well then.  Thanks for stopping in on me today and I hope that you enjoyed our little talk today?
*laughs*  Very well then.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment