Sunday, October 28, 2012

All In Good Time, My Pretty

It's been a few days since I last posted here...  Oh, who am I kidding, it's been weeks!

Time flies when  you're having fun, right?  At least, that's what they say.  I'm note sure that I'm totally sold on that idea just yet.  Over the last few weeks, I can't recall having ANY fun, except for the few times I have been able to sit before my keyboard, plugging away on my next story.  And even then, those few times have been limited and short!

It's frustrating...frustrating because I have been having a tremendous influx of creativity and there just hasn't been enough time to outlet it properly.

Have you seen my author blog lately?  

I use the word 'blog' lightly because it's actually a Page I created on Facebook for the sole purpose of recording ideas, creating and sharing ideas and keeping in touch with future readers.  Also, I like to do some fun things now and then...  A great example of this would be the 'Late Night with R. Richardsson' show - a kind-of talk show where I (as an author) interview characters from my book(s) as if they were actors from a movie.

The first one was really fun and I am playing around with the idea of bring back another episode, another guest, more music and more fun!

So, have you seen it?

Seriously, if you are reading this, you have to check it out.  I don't mean to pitch a sale on you... Oh, who am I kidding, I totally do!

You should go to my author page and 'Like' it.  I spend a lot of time writing there...more than I do here, and you can keep up on my latest projects as I release them.

Yes?

Oh, well, that's okay too.  

It really doesn't matter that much to me.  My posts are open to the public and you can check them anytime you want.  Or not at all, that's okay too.  

Meanwhile, I'm working, working, working away on two big projects;

   1)  From the Ashes: The Hunter Reborn - which is book 2 in the 'Ballad of 
        John Rizzerio' trilogy
   2)  A yet to be named collection of short (horror) stories that I'm planning 
        on releasing very soon after book 3 in the aforementioned trilogy.

I've currently finished the first couple of stories for this collection and have several ideas in the works for the next few stories to come.  Currently, I am working on these stories on the mornings after I return home from my PT work, while I reserve my nights off for all of the heavy work on my novel.

As I mentioned before, it has been frustrating for lately.  What I really want to do is focus on my writing.  

"So why don't you," you ask?  

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  All this time you've been spending with me, and you can't even remember such a simple little detail.

I'm disappointed in you, really I am.

Let me just remind you real quick, I guess, as there's no sense in you backtracking through all of my writings to find the answer to this question.  I work 33+ hours/week as an Associate at Walmart.  When I get home, on top of maintaining my fishing business (Bargain Fishing Supplies), marketing my book (The Rise and Fall of John Rizzerio) and checking the statuses of the other websites I maintain (Windmill Inn Products), I am a full time father of four.

So yeah.  Getting ideal environmental conditions for my writing is tricky, at best!

Oh, but it can be done, don't get me wrong.

It takes three parts scheduling and one part ingenuity, but it's possible!

The biggest problem is that my deadlines are harder to meet.  Granted, they are deadlines that I have complete control over, meaning that I can extend them, or change them with no consequence...  My problem is that I don't like to finish past the time that is expected for myi work to be done.

"Take a deep breath.  Expel the negativity and all that jazz."  

All in good time, right?

I expect to finish my second book in the second week of December.  The editing process will then begin, as well as the cover design and then it's on to book 3.  This roughly makes it two months longer to write than my first book, but then again, this one is a novel with 20k+ wordcount increase.

But, with that in mind, I could have the trilogy complete (theoretically) in the second week of June (2013) and be working on the edit for this and the stort story collection as well.

So.

Mmm!  A busy schedule you have!  Write much you will!

I know, right?

That's it, in a nutshell.  At least until I am finished with the story of John Rizzerio and the book short stories following.  

Then what?  

Don't get your panties in a bunch now.  I have several other projects coming to life as we speak.  You see, when I am not typing at the computer, I'm writing my next (short) story idea down in a notebook for later reference.  Not that I need to for novel ideas.  After I wrap things up with my trilogy, there's a collection of Fantasy books I fully intend on writing.  Gonna get all 'Lord of the Rings' on yo' ass, yo!  lol

I'm also drafting bits and pieces for a Memoir which will loosely chronicle my experiences over the last fourteen years.  I say 'loosely' because, while the story will be true, it will be coming from a memory that has kept it locked away for many, many years.  And like anything that is locked in the dark long enough, some of my memories might have holes eaten through them from the moths.

Mmm-kay.  Moths are bad, mmm-kay.

Patience is a virtue, right?  Isn't that what they say?  God, I must be a friggin Saint by now.  I'm all FULL of patient virtue!  

j/k

Ph, but here we are again.  I'm really enjoying the feeling of the keys clacking away beneath my fingertips and I have to leave.

Time for bed, you see?  I have to work tonight before I'm allowed 48hrs to work on my book.  

It's worth it, right?

Hell yes it's worth it!

Until next time, enjoy what I've left here for you and I hope you'll return for more...or in the very least, tell a friend about it!

~ R. Richardsson ~



Oh, hey.  before I forget...  If you caught any (and all) of the typos in this and any other of my posts...?

Please refrain from sharing.  lol  

I'm almost always writing these blog posts with one eye closed and one foot under the covers.  Making a typo is the least of my concerns!  This blog is here to help me improve up my writing, not my editing!  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment